Sorry for the long post, if you aren’t interested in ever making a necklace like the one shown HERE then feel free to come back but you don’t want to not do this, trust me it’s easy and fun! Can you just see it as a Christmas, Valentine, Easter etc necklace? Fun!!
As promised I am back to give you a supply list of what I used when creating my Halloween Necklace shown in this post HERE (inspired by this one created by Margie Romney-Aslett, Cherished). And YES! I am taking her class when she comes to town!! Ohhh, and she was so sweet to Feature my necklace on The Girl’s Loft Blog, would love it if you dropped by HERE and left a comment ;) Maybe they will ask me to be a guest designer one month, hehe. A girl can dream can’t she!
***I am giving you the list because I’m hoping you will join me in making a Christmas necklace well, join me via my blog ;) Today Margie shared this link HERE to an upcoming kit and it would be great for a Christmas necklace! You should sign up, it’s the November kit so you can get a jump on it early!! One of my fellow blogging friends also mentioned wanting to do a Christmas necklace!! Yea! So, I think it would be fabulous to start a necklace party and share what we have created the weekend after Thanksgiving! What do you think? Hope you will join me!!
Supplies used on my necklace are as follows (But, feel free to find other items and resources and share info with us, pretty please).
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology-Link Chain
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Fragments, Clear Charms *I used glossy accents to glue the paper on as it dries clear. Just be careful for air bubbles.
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Pins **see note below for what can be used in place of these
- Tim Holtz Grungeboard Plain Shapes *I used a circle to glue some paper too and words for the ribbon piece, I used some of Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Medium as my gluing agent and also used it on the top of the paper and the stickers shown on the rectangle pieces. Those rectangle stickers are from the Sticker Pad called out below. I only had the matte on hand but they have it in gloss too and that would be great!
- The Girl’s Paperie Toil Line and Trouble Metal Glitter Charms
- The Girl’s Paperie Toil and Trouble Line Halloween Sticker Pad *I used these letters on the back of the charms to spell out BOO, or HH for Happy Halloween etc. I wanted to have something on the back knowing that the charms would probably flip as I wore it. This pad includes an assortment of items, not just the letters you see peeking through the cutout.
- The Girl’s Paperie Toil and Trouble Line Crepe Paper Flowers *I cut the plastic liner they came on to allow me to reuse them later if I want to and I used two ,one on front and one on the back incase it flipped over ;)
- The Girl’s Paperie Toil and Trouble Ribbon Trims
- The following papers from The Girl’s Paperie Line: Midnight Flight, Parlor Paper, Toil and Trouble
- Skeleton Key bought on Etsy (will find the seller if you need it)
- Chandelier Crystal (Scored a bunch when junking at First Monday Trade Days, in Canton Texas
- Tim Holtz Distressing Inks Black Soot
What I plan to use next time in addition to the list above minus Toil and Trouble, I will be using Tinsel and Twig
I’m giving you the link to the Tinsel and Twig line found at Scrapbook.com HERE but feel free to shop the line around at other sources. I think that you will easily see what you can use to replace the items used for the Halloween version. And don’t forget that you can get in on the November Kit at The Girl’s Loft that includes this line and more!
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Charm Clips **I used the mini pins on the Halloween necklace but going to use these next time.
Look through the Tim Holtz Idea-ology line because there are some great items that would work for this project!!!
These would make great Teachers gifts!!
Thanks for stopping back by and let me know if you have any questions! And I will be back soon with an official post on the necklace party cause I’m thinking we should have a prize or two or three ;) for those that participate!
And lastly a photo of the November The Girl’s Loft Kit full of The Girl’s Paperie Pretty Tinsel and Twig Line to Spark your creativity!